Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Family Travels.....

Well for the last two weekends in a row, we have been family reunion-ing! We enjoyed Josh's family reunion 2 weeks ago, and now traveled to the Black Hills for the Kriege reunion last weekend! Our van is tired and so are we--but both trips were well worth it :)
Of course we can't go to the beautiful Black Hills of SD and not take in some touristy things as well! I actually was a nanny for all of my jr.high and high school years down in Spearfish, so it's fun to now take my kids back to experience all the fun things I used to do there!! We went to the City Park, which is now the home of a gorgeous wooden play area and the creek that Jess Brosz and I used to try and tube down, is still there and it was fun to watch my kids put their feet in and try and skip rocks across!
Friday night we hung out at the campground--good thing we were close to the pool as I don't think Anna came out of it except for meals ;) Friday night, the rest of the family members showed up and the evening was spent visiting, remembering, and of course laughing :)
Saturday we got up and headed over to Storybook Island in Rapid City--this is always a favorite in our family! Brother Paul then showed me where him and my parents used in live in Rapid, so that was neat to see!! Saturday evening brought firsts for a lot of our family---Mom, Dad, and Julie all got their first (and most of them say only) tattoo!! Brooke and I also 'got inked' on the top of our feet---OUCH did that hurt!!
Sunday we all gathered for breakfast and then everyone started packing up to head home! It was a great weekend!! It's fun to see the next generation of cousins meet and Anna has already started writing letters to her new friends :)

Next weekend another tradition continues as well---Lacee and I are making a treck down the Bowman for our '11 year reunion'!! We had so much fun at our 10 year with so many of our high school classmates, that we decided to have an 11 year :) Should be another fun time!!

OH! I forgot to mention that Josh DOES have full intentions on getting a tattoo as well, his design was just a little more detailed--so since Jymi(our talented tattoo artist in the family) will be in Sturgis, Josh and I plan on making a day trip down so Josh can get his done as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment