Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sick of Sickness

This winter has proven to be a doozy for our family when it comes to being under the weather!!  Looking back, I don't think we have had a cold/flu season this bad in our house since I worked at Head Start for that year!!

Addy by far has had it the worst--I think she has had some form of a tummy flu 3-4 times this winter!  Sometimes she has been kind enough to share it and it passed through all of us, or just Anna and Zach, and then other times it hits only her!?  This last one was the worst--she had the stomach flu last Wednesday (30th) and she started out fine...all my dc kids got here and she randomly threw up!?  Not a big deal I thought, maybe just something she ate...OH NO...she puked every 30 minutes from then until 9:30 that night. I ended up closing early that day when two of my dc kids also got sick!!  I had my turn  that night at about 8 and by the next evening Josh, Anna, and Zach all had it.  It seemed like a fairly quick bug though and by Friday night everyone was fine!  We went to Rick and Tara's for a fun Super Bowl party and then Zach ended up getting sick again that night---I thought it was from eating wayyyyyy to much junk, but then when I heard that others from their party got sick as well---I just felt horrible :(
So exactly a week to the day from her being so sick....she gets it again!!!  This Wednesday(6th) it started at midnight and she didn't stop dry heaving until 4pm on Thursday when we finally got some anti-nausea meds for her!  Poor Adders :(  There is nothing worse then seeing your little one so miserable and knowing there is really nothing you can do for them!
Not only is it hard on her little system that is trying to fight this junk away...but it's also hard on the family!  I HATE having to call daycare families and tell them I have to be closed :(  It's the worst feeling ever to know that you are closed when they are depending on you to watch their little ones!  I also hate having to depend on others to do what needs to get done!  THANK GOODNESS Grandma Alyce has moved to town to help grab Anna and Zach from school or run and pick up some meds for Adders----I honestly don't remember how we functioned before they moved to town :)


You know she's not feeling well when she voluntarily naps :(

One perk of being sick is getting to eat in Mom and Dad's bed...
 With that being said, I think Addy is on the mend this morning, for the first time since Wednesday she is up and playing a little with Zach...ok, she is watching him play the Wii, but it's better then laying on the couch or sitting on the pot!!! 


 In other news, Anna is just finishing up her basketball at the YMCA--she has really came along way from when they started last fall!  She did her first round through the Bis Parks and Recs & they played at the schools, now this one is with a different team and they practice Tues nights from 7-8 @ the YMCA and have games Saturday mornings @ 10!  She also just started Volleyball!!!  Finally a sport I can relate to ;)  She has practice for VB(this one again is through Parks and Recs at her school) M, T, TH from 3:30-4:30.

I know every family has their own level of craziness and I know as our kids get older, it's only going to get worse before it's finally over and then I will whine about how much I miss it....but here is a look at the Jeffers typical week:

Monday: Anna has violin @ 7:30am before school, Addy has preschool from 12:30-3:15, Anna has volleyball @ 3:30 Zach (and somtimes Anna) do the evening running class at the YMCA and I have trainer from 6:30-7:30pm
Tuesday: Tuesdays aren't as bad, Anna has VB @ 3:30 and I do YMCA bootcamp from 5:45-6:45pm, then I come home and grab Anna as she has Bball practice from 7-8pm
Wednesday: Sara and I meet Nicole to train at the YMCA at 5:15am, Anna has violin @ 7:30, Addy has preschool from 12:30-3:15 and Addy has gymnastics frm 7-8pm
Thursday: Addy has preschool from 12:30-3:15, Anna has VB after school and I have bootcamp @ 5:45
Friday: Ahhhh....we love FRIDAYS!! 
Saturday: Anna has had basketball games and I TRY to get grocery shopping done for the following week
Sunday: Sunday school is at 9:30 w/ church to follow!

Zach isn't on the schedule much right now...he's thinking he would like to give wrestling a shot again, he tried it last year and wasn't too sure as the poor guy has to take off his glasses while he does it, so I'm sure all he sees is a big blur coming in his general direction! 

Busy weeks, but I'm sure very typical for most families!  We also have a craft club that meets once a month and a supper club that meets once a month!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment