Monday, April 15, 2013

Things I wanna remember...and at the time, probably a couple we'd like to forget ;)

Just a quick note so we can look back at this day and remember what our kiddos were doing, what they enjoyed, fun facts--other then the record breaking snow fall we got last night and today (around 18"plus inches in 24 hours)--and other random thoughts this evening while Josh catches up on Big Bang Theory and HIMYM, just a couple of his favorites right now....
*Anna has her first ear infection that she has ever had since having tubes when she was 18 months old, of course this would happen when there is only one walk in clinic open(from 12 on) today, so we opted for some Tylenol and a home remedy of warm olive oil in the ear--it worked!  ...but Gma is still taking her to the walk in tomorrow when things have calmed down a little around here :)
*Zachary is a smart, loving, kind kid--he rarely yells(unless it's at a video game he's losing) ...he makes a great little brother to Anna, but might need a little help in the big brother to Addy department--those two are either the best of friends or the worst of enemies, it's not uncommon to hear them screaming with laughter or frustration at each other when in the same room :)
*Anna has a very low pain tolerance--we have known this about her since she was very little and would scream when she had to have her hair combed--the ear infection incident today just reminded us of this fun fact :)  The epidural will more then likely be ordered for her before she even leaves home when she makes us Grandparents---some day---far far far away from now :)
*Addyson's classic move right now is to go to the furthest room away from me in the house...and then yell MOM!!!!!!  It can vary from anything to a glass of milk needed to a simple I love you---but I can remember as a child my Mom teasing me that I used to do the same thing and it drove her crazy!?  I didn't understand why...until now!!!
*Zach is color blind.  It usually doesn't bother him--but he will almost always ask what color is this when trying to find anything specific.  We found out when he was in kindergarten and his teacher asked him to grab the purple marker and he kept grabbing the blue.
*Addy has two personalities--daycare Addy and 5:30 Addy--we notice that she is a lot more difficult during the day when she has to share her house, her toys, and her Mom...but  5:30 and weekend Addy are very pleasant :)
*Josh and I would like to run a full marathon together on or before our 15th wedding anniversary...this summer will be 12 years together, just a fun goal we have set together!  I said full before we turned 40...but he one uped me to a full in 15 :)  I do love that guy.
*Josh has recently started to run--I'm glad he likes it and I look forward to running together...if the snow ever goes away :)
*I gave up diet coke for a full 30 days--I should try to give it up again....for good :S
*Anna is a wonderful violin player--Zach recently decided he will also play next year.
*I love Las Vegas and if I could afford it, I would visit it once a year :)  not to gamble, but to see the shows, the sites, and the sun!
*It's crazy to me, that when we talk about up coming car trades, purchases, that looking ahead to a 5 year plan we have to take into account that Anna will be driving by then!!?!!
*Zachary is so very ticklish---and he has a very contagious laugh :)
*Anna has a huge heart and the thickest most beautiful hair I've ever seen, I tell her if she ever colors it we will kick her butt---even though I know it will happen :)
*We have the best friends any couple could ask for---I can't imagine going through my day without a text or a call from some or all of my lady friends--I don't know why we are surprised that Anna is so social!?!
*Josh is obsessed with shoes.  The man has more pairs then I do and refuses to throw any old ones away.  He also has an impressive collection of khaki shorts!
*Right now if you ask our kids what they want to be when they grow up Anna will probably tell you it's a toss up between a vet and a rock star....Zach would like to be video game designer and will have his best friends be the first ones to try the games out with him...and Addy--it depends on the time of day and which day of the week it is when you ask her :)  But we tell her not to worry, she's got some time to figure it out!

*Addy's thought process tonight---she was upset about having to go to bed and she told Josh and I that she might just move out to a new family...when I asked her who, it was one of my dc girls, so I replied, ohhhh so do I get the other little girl to come live here with me then if you go live with her family and she said no---you get the baby brother :)

No comments:

Post a Comment