Thursday, October 15, 2015

Enter 21 Day Fix....

Well, the last post I did assured I was going to do my best to loose the weight I've gained, I again tried to do it on my own and I would have a couple good days, followed by more bad.

I have an amazing group of ladies that get together and 'craft' together, we try to meet once a month and by 'craft' we mean chit chat and giggle....with the occasional product fit to hang up in ones home :)  Nicole S. happens to be in our group and looks amazing!!  I have seen her posts and progress of the 21 day fit on social media and when I saw her this last craft night, I thought why would I not give this a try!?!?!  My other gal pal Jen R. has also had HUGE success with this program, is also a fellow crafter, and has inspired me to give it a go as well!

So I went home that night and after talking it over with Josh and reading tons of information online the next day, I thought what the heck---so I ordered the full kit which included the work out DVD's, 24 shakeology packets (3 different flavors: Choc, Strawberry(my least favorite) & Vanilla), & the infamous 21 day fix containers.

Our challenge group started this last Monday, October 12 and I thought for a jump start, I would do the 3 day Shakeology Cleanse which consisted of:
3 Shakeology Shakes a day
2 Glasses Green Tea
1 Fruit
Salad with white protein for supper
& WATER WATER WATER!!
Along with this diet I started the first workouts!  My good friend Tara has came over each and every evening so far and we have conquered Autumn's crazy good moves.  I am sore, which means I know it's working.  After the 3 day cleanse and exercise I was down 3.8lbs.  I honestly thought it might be more, but I'm taking the win as it is and appreciating that my jeans and bra fit more comfortably then they have in a long time!

The perks of doing this program for me are the visuals, I love breaking everything down and eating healthier!  When I have tried weight watchers in the past, I was the girl in the frozen food isle grabbing the frozen meal, checking out points.  I'm sure there were many days I didn't even consume a veggie---now I see that I need BALANCE to LOOSE!  The other perk for me is the online support!  Nicole added me to her FB 21 day fix challenge group--on there we are able to support each other, get recipe ideas, and every night we log in to tell the group how are food was today and if we got our workouts in, along with some other fun challenges to keep us motivated!

Lists...not sure if I have ever blogged about how much I love a good list!!  This diet/lifestyle change does require some prep work--like I said before, no more cruising down the frozen food isle.  So I have wrote out how many of each little container I get a day, what I'm going to put in them and when.  That way I can pack my snacks for work and know what I get to look forward to at lunch and supper at home.  I also wrote out my grocery list of approved foods :)

I hope I can continue down the healthier road that I've started, not only for me but for my family--the kids are already asking if they can try my shakes and when can they get a fruit infused water bottle( my new favorite).  I will keep updating as my journey continues...


No comments:

Post a Comment