Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lord, grant me the patience.....

Ok, for those of you who follow me on the facebook---today was a doozie! As I expressed earlier---my 3 year old was giving me a run for my money today!!! As she does most days! So Addy---this blogs for you :) Addyson Grace is our loving, wild hair, third child! Now by the time you get to number three...you pretty much figure you have seen and done it all! ....enter Addyson! There is never and has never been a dull moment with my free spirited child from the get go! She was born at 37 weeks and was 7lbs 4oz...I look back now and think--even then she couldn't wait to come out and get going :) She didn't really have a hard time eating, we nursed the first 6 months--but sleeping through the night--I honestly don't think happened until she was 2! Still, even once in awhile---she will get up in the middle of the night to go potty or demand a glass of milk.... She learned to crawl fast---then it went to walking by a year....kinda reminds me of Talladega Nights...'IM GONNA GO FAST MOMMA!!!!! Sitting her thinking about it now---she still doesn't want to 'walk' anywhere...catch a glimse of us coming/leaving from the YMCA and you'll see me being pulled by Addy!! She learned to crawl from her crib around 2 so we thought--ok, it's time to get the toddler bed!!! AHHHH!!! She HATED that---I'm fairly certain my stories of that transition could scare Frankenstien!!! It turned our bedtime routine upside down and went from taking 15 minutes to 2 hours....but when she finally moved from the toddler bed to a twin bed---all was well with the world again :) Silly girl! I suppose it was about 6 months ago she learned that she could lock the only door in our house---the bathroom door!!! We would hear the sink running the toilet flushing and have our worst fears concerned when the brand new roll of toilet paper is now empty :) Now if you come to visit, you will understand why our lock as a little piece of tape across it! Lets see what else---she talks up a storm one of the latest stories I had to enter in her baby book was from my nephew Casey's prom this year....we were sitting and each time a couple would come out we would oooohhh and ahhhhh over their dresses/shoes/hair/etc. Well this one couple comes out and lets just say she was bustier then the rest of the girls we had seen up to that point and her dress ENHANCED her feature....Addy looks and says---Oh, she has nice boobies Mamma! Thank goodness that was said when the couple was still being clapped for!!! Addyson ADORES Anna and Zach---well she and Zach have a love/hate realationship! She loves to pick on her big brother and get him in trouble and he hates that!!! :) She has told me that she wants holes in her ears like Anna so she can wear the puppy earings... Our toughest thing right now is she doesn't understand why all HER toys have to be shared with the daycare kiddos---which I do understand! So we may have to try seperating some 'special just Addy toys' and see how that goes.... It's those moments when she's sleeping, or just getting ready for bed that still melt my heart! She now says before bed...'Pick me up and let me sleep on your neck Mommy...'so I pick her and the 3 special blankets up that she uses for bed everynight...she tucks her little head in the crook of my neck and 'sleeps' the whole 15 steps into her bedroom. I love you we say and then as I bend down to kiss her she purposely turns her head and says, 'YOU MISSED' so we have to kiss and kiss again until we get it right :) Overall Addy, I know God gave me you to keep me young and my mind open! For you bend the rules and broke the mold! We love you so very much and thank you for making life interesting...sometimes stressful...but always interesting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment