Saturday, November 2, 2013

12!?!?!?!!?? Really????

I was trying my hardest to think of a good title for this post, but seriously all I could come up with and think to myself as I typed it was, Wow---she is 12.

Anna Marie, our first born....I have went over 'their day' in previous blogs, so I won't go through the whole birth story again, although we always share those special memories with each of them on their birthdays...I always want them to remember 'their story'.  So I thought I would just recap some of my favorite Anna's greatest hits over the past 12 years.  My only wish is that I had a picture to share of each of my memories....

Anna--on your first night home from the hospital, we lived in the worlds SMALLEST appartment in married housing on UND's campus, you slept in the basinet that we got from Aunt Astrid that had been used for many, many babies before you :)  We were so nervous and excited to have you home--I'm sure between me, your Dad and Grandparents we all would have heard a pin drop in the less then 600 sq ft appartment :)  I can remember waking up early(4am maybe) and the blanket was up over your face!?!?!!  I PANICKED!!!!!  I through on the light to make sure you were still breathing...and you were, you sighed and went right back to sleep---you were an amazing baby!

Dad was 100% sure you would walk by your first birthday...and you did.

You have always hated cooked carrots and still do to this day!

For your first birthday, which we had at the Settle Inn in GF I think you had 50+ people there :)  We lived away from our family at the time, so Dad's college friends became a lot like family--Rick was your first and only babysitter for the longest time and we payed him in cheese, so you owe Rick and Tara a LOT of free babysitting--so you will here us tell stories about the endless sloppy joes we made and gifts we opened that day!!  It was a birthday party for the record books that's for sure....but you were and still are worth it :)

You pulled the fire alarm once in a hotel in Fargo--the fire department came and you had to say you were sorry to the firemen.  We thought it was odd that no one came out of their room to evacuate!?!

One time while we were camping with Gma and Gpa I put a slice of cantelope on your plate and without even thinking you looked at Gpa Ralph and said WHAT THE CRAP IS THAT!?!  We still laugh about it till this day....

You have been a black kitty for at least 3 or 4 Halloweens in your short little lifetime....

There are so many many more I could go on and on for days--but it all boils down to this, you are kind.  You have the BEST most contagious smile we have ever seen, and you are smart and can do ANYTHING in this world that you set your mind to!!  We love you so very much Anna--

No comments:

Post a Comment